Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Decor PSA

I would like to thank the folks who live a block over for FINALLY getting rid of the pumpkins and straw bales in your front yard.  They were really pretty, until you decided to put up your Christmas decor.  Now don't get me wrong, Christmas decor is equally as stunning outside your early 1900s mansion, but the two together...not so much.

To the folks down the street the other way: I wonder if this wind advisory is causing you to re-think those tall, inflatable decorations in the yard?  I can't be sure, but I think Frosty may have just flown past my door!

In other news, I feel it my duty to say that, from experience, 300 count icicle light strands are NOT as long as they sound.  If you think one strand will do the job, buy two!  It took two Wal-Mart trips and one Walgreens trip (extension cord...I refused to use the circa 1965 plug with exposed wires), but I have Christmas lights now. I feel a bit more in the spirit, and in only seven days, I will be on break and can jump head-first into the Christmas season!

1 comment:

  1. I love the people who leave their christmas lights up year round and think that unlit they become invisible. Dude! I still see the strand of lights whether you turn them on or not. Also I just realized you had a blog. So hi!

    ReplyDelete